MyndMoveTM is manufactured by MyndTecTM Inc., a privately held medical technology company located in Mississauga, Ontario. MyndTec researches, develops and distributes innovative therapies designed to improve function, maximize independence and enhance the quality of life for individuals with paralysis due to stroke or spinal cord injury. MyndMoveTM is MyndTec’s first product to market.
MyndMoveTM is the brainchild of Dr. Milos R. Popovic, the Toronto Rehab Institute Chair in Spinal Cord Injury Research and Professor in the Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Toronto. Dr. Popovic’s decade of research and randomized clinical trials with stroke and spinal cord injury populations led to the development of MyndMoveTM. Dr. Popovic is very involved in MyndMove’s success and thrilled this amazing technology is now available to individuals across Canada.
MyndTec's Many Awards
- Jul 2015 MyndTec one of “20 Promising Canadian Digital Health Companies to Watch” by hitconsultant.net
- Jul 2015 MyndTec one of “Top 5 digital health giants you should be watching” by healthcareglobal.com
- Jun 2015 Dr. Milos R. Popovic receives University Health Netowrk’s (UHN’s) 2014 Inventor of the Year Award for his work on MyndMove
- May 2014 MyndTec Inc. awarded HTX HTCP funding
- Nov 2013 MyndTec Inc. awarded the Mississauga Board of Trade Business Awards in Excellence for Technology and Innovation
- Sep 2013 MyndTec Inc. awarded NRC-IRAP project funding
- Jun 2013 FedDev Invest in Business Innovation Funding for MyndTec Inc. Announced
- May 2013 Founders Dr. Milos Popovic, Dr. Aleksandar Prodic and colleagues awarded University of Toronto Inventor of the Year Award
- April 2013 Corporate re-branding, Simple Systems Inc. becomes MyndTec Inc.
- Jan 2013 Founder Dr. Milos Popovic awarded the HTX Morris (Mickey) Milner Award
- Jan 2013 Simple Systems awarded OCE Market Readiness III funding
- Oct 2012 NRC-IRAP project funding awarded
- Apr 2012 Simple Systems wins TieQuest Business competition and Most Financeable Intellectual Property Award
- Dec 2011 Simple Systems awarded University of Toronto Connaught Innovation Award
- Sep 2011 Simple Systems awarded OCE Market Readiness II funding
- Apr 2011 Simple Systems awarded OCE Market Readiness I funding