- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- If you leave a comment on our website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – MyndTec uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – MyndTec uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. MyndTec sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
MyndTec cannot guarantee the confidentiality or security of any e-mail communications or information sent by you to us via the website. If you wish to send MyndTec confidential information, please notify MyndTec first to make arrangements.
MyndTec makes no claim or representation regarding, and accepts no responsibility for, the quality, content, nature, or reliability of websites accessible by hyperlink from the website, or websites linking to the website. The linked websites are not under the control of MyndTec and MyndTec is not responsible for the content of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website, or any review, changes or updates to such websites. MyndTec is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply affiliation, endorsement, or adoption by MyndTec of the website or any information contained therein. When leaving the MyndTec website, you should be aware that MyndTec’s terms and policies no longer govern, and, therefore, you should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of that website.
Information Collected from Website
Like most other commercial websites, the website may monitor traffic patterns, website usage and related website information. MyndTec may automatically (i.e., not via registration) collect or compile certain information that is not personally identifiable when you access the website. Examples of this type of information include the aggregate and unique number of visitors to the website, the dates and times of visits to the website, the domains/countries of visitors, the pages of the website visited and the content accessed, the browsers, operating systems, search engines and search terms used to visit the website and HTTP errors generated. MyndTec uses this information in order to optimize the website and to assess usage of the website. MyndTec may provide such information to its website contractors for these purposes.
What data do we collect?
MyndTec collects the following data:
- Therapist name and authentication data
- Patient first name, date of birth, date of injury
- Session data, including date & time of treatment, protocols run, stimulation parameters, device information and clinical notes entered
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide MyndTec with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Contact Customer Support by phone, email or through our website
- Set up a MyndMove therapist account
- Use the MyndMove FES system to create patient records, perform treatment sessions and enter clinical notes
How will we use your data?
MyndTec collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order, manage your account.
- Generate account billing based on usage of the MyndMove device.
- Use de-identified aggregated treatment data and statistics for trending and analysis.
When MyndTec processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
MyndTec securely stores your data using Microsoft Azure Cloud Services. All data is transmitted and stored in an encrypted form, TLS 1.2 and AES256 respectively. All access is authenticated via certificates or password protection and limited to authorized users. Data is backed up regularly within the Azure cloud.
MyndTec will keep your patient and account data indefinitely and it will not be erased without customer consent.
MyndTec would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop MyndTec from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the MyndTec Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
MyndTec would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every account owner is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request MyndTec for copies of account, therapist or patient data created by or for your account.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that MyndTec corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request MyndTec to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that MyndTec erase account, therapist, or patient data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that MyndTec restrict the processing of your account, therapist, or patient data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to MyndTec’s processing of account, therapist, or patient data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that MyndTec transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: 905-363-0564
Or write to us at : 1900 Minnesota Court, Suite 122, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5N 3C9
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that MyndTec has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en.
Address: 30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec K1A 1H3
Toll Free: 1-800-267-0441